RE: [Emerald] Emerald 4.5 and external mail support

( guru@bel-net.com )
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 16:02:47 -0500

I do have the EmerDAP LDAP Sync key that I received from Renee McDonald
and we have patched Qmail with LDAP support so what do we do now? We
also have a running OPENLDAP stock server installed, how do we make it
sync?

Thanks again

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com] On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 3:10 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Emerald 4.5 and external mail support

> We are currently running Emerald 4.5 on Red Hat 7.3 with Sybase ASE
> 11.9.2 and we have been running it in conjunction with Mailsite as we
> did with our Emerald 2.5 on NT. We have been consistently having mail

> problems timeouts etc (not an Emerald problem rather a Mailsite
> problem) so we are switching to Qmail as a mail solution. My question
> is this: is there a way to gain the functionality out of Qmail that we

> had with Mailsite in relation to creating a users mail account when an

> Emerald account is created? Or will we be doing double entry?

You can purchase the EmerDAP LDAP Sync service for Emerald 4 that will
sync a QMail system (patched with LDAP support) with Emerald 4. You can
contact out sales groups for more information (or a demo
key) for EmerDAP.

Dale

This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA
Software's Support Engineers, please check out our Support resources at
http://www.iea-software.com/support.