RE: [Emerald] Qwest

Todd H. Simmons ( (no email) )
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:59:15 -0500

Dale,

John has it working on 2.5. It is not possible to upgrade to 4
for us. We just recently aquired 2.5. How do I need to add the
roamupdate to my SQL? I tried using the Query Analyzer and restart, but
there was no change.

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com] On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 4:47 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Qwest

> I have the exact opposite problem. I can't see the customers
> online, but can the RADLOG problems.

Emerald 4 and RadiusNT/X 4 have the ability to automatically track and
add normal and roaming customers for calls online purposes. You don't
even need to know the port configuration for the NAS or wholesale
provider.

With Emerald 2.5, you would need to know the ports for each
NAS and have each NAS listed in the Servers table. For a port provider,
that just isn't reasonable to do (they could have hundreds of NASes).

Dale

This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA
Software's Support Engineers, please check out our Support resources at
http://www.iea-software.com/support.