Re: [Emerald] Problems with Signup.pl and Emerald 4

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:12:44 -0400

Make sure you're using a fairly recent version of Perl. Assuming this is on
a Windows machine, go here:
http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/

Also, consider mapping the ".pl" extension to the "Perl for ISAPI" or
whatever they call it now. If you go into IIS, then into the site
properties where your perl files are installed, click on the "home
directory" tab. Click on the "Configuration" button. In here, you'll see
separate entries for ".pl" and ".plx". The ".pl" extension will most likely
be mapped to
C:\perl\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s
Write that down in case you want to switch it back to that at some point.
Change it to
c:\perl\bin\perlis.dll
and see if that helps you at all (it may not fix your problem, but will
likely speed things up). If there's no difference, then the perl file
itself is using old methods of producing HTML content that require
referencing header information, etc. Modern methods no longer require this
because they're handled in perl modules now that are generally a lot easier
to use than the old methods.

I don't use the sign-up scripts, so I have no idea what they're like or how
old they are, etc.

Josh