Re: [Emerald] Upgrading from 2.5 to 4.2.0 with SQL 6.5 going to SQL

Peter Deacon ( peterd@iea-software.com )
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:15:19 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Billy Huddleston wrote:

> I'm getting ready to do a upgrade from Emerald 2.5 running on SQL 6.5 up to
> Emerald 4.2.0 with SQL 2000... I don't have a copy of the 2.5 Database on
> the SQL 2000 machine and I've had really bad luck with Microsoft's
> "Migration Wizard" Not working right.. How do I go about doing this
> upgrade?

If the upgrade wizard won't work.. you could just use dts wizard and copy
the tables over to the new server. It won't include any procs, views,
relationships..etc but none of that is needed for the 2.5 to 4 upgrade.

Have Fun!
Peter

This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA Software's
Support Engineers, please check out our Support resources at
http://www.iea-software.com/support.