Re: [RadiusNT] More RadiusNT Errors

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:46:02 -0700

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] More RadiusNT Errors
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:46:02 -0700

> Not sure if I should be too worried about these:

When a failed connect (ie, modems don't train, etc) on Ascend gear,
they will send an accounting records with the Ascend-Disconnect-Reason
being th reason for the modem connect failure. Since there never was
an auth request, they don't send a username. The easiest way to workaround
this is to create a default on the Username column in the calls table of
"None"
or whatever you want. Then the records will get inserted.

> On the other hand, I'm almost certain I should be worried about these. The
> NAS is a MaxTNT. Authentication works fine using RadiusNT 2.5/Emerald 2.2
> and we are trying to cut over to 4.0.12.

2.5 added a username column if one didn't exist. 4.0 doesn't, and you need
to add the default to the column.

Dale

.