[RadiusNT] primary key on calls table

Denny Figuerres (denny@figuerres.com)
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:15:50 -0400

From: "Denny Figuerres" <denny@figuerres.com>
Subject: [RadiusNT] primary key on calls table
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:15:50 -0400

Hi all!

I could am almost certain this has been covered in the past but please refresh my memory:

The Calls Table has (in the .sql files I can find right now) the following columns for the Primary Key

NAS Identifier varchar[16]
NAS Port int
Acct Session ID varchar[10]
Acct Status Type int

Generally this is ok but…. If you have a terminal server that starts creating the same sessionid’s after a re-boot
You can start getting the old ODBC error about “Violating the Primary Key Constraint”

I think I have heard some folks adding a column to the Key (User Name or Call Date) to avoid the problem & make they record more unique.

But I also recall some issues about… was it the date…. As being a bad one to use???
adding date lets to many dupes into the data?

So what I am interested in hearing is:

1) Should I add to the PK?
2) What column(s)?
3) If not how do you deal with this issue?

Thanks for any ideas etc…

Denny.