Re: [Emerald] feeding a POP from a DSL connection

Kurt Schafer (kahuna@cyberbeach.net)
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:06:10 -0400

From: "Kurt Schafer" <kahuna@cyberbeach.net>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] feeding a POP from a DSL connection
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:06:10 -0400

It's not like there's really anything to 'figure out'. It can definately be
done. (can't anything?) There are just pitfalls (in my mind) to using a
service like DSL for this purpose. It's definately inexpensive compared to a
T1, but if all your customers quit because your service has been down for a
day and a half is it worth it ?

In a load balanced/failover configuration that limits the effects of a
single circuit failure I'm sure it would work just fine.

P.S. This conversation would be better served by the NTISP list.

= K