[Emerald] Emerald 4 - functionality issues and general questions

Justin Singh (Justin@NetworksGY.com)
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:52:45 -0300

From: Justin Singh <Justin@NetworksGY.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:52:45 -0300
Subject: [Emerald] Emerald 4 - functionality issues and general questions

Hello List

I have purchased Emerald4 in December, last year. I've been working on implementation through three versions of v4 and I realise that this is a product in transition. Although, my list of issues has grown shorter, I still have some core functionality issues and installation questions which need answers. I am still in the process of testing 4.1.7 but here is a general picture and some specific questions.

Environment

---
Currently running IEA emerald 2.5.342 on WindowsNT/sp6a with SQL 6.5/sp5
Key elements
- billing and receipt printing
- concurrency control
- technical support

Goal: Implement IEA emerald 4.1.7 (x) on WindowsNT/sp6a with SQL 7/sp3 Key elements - billing and receipt printing - customer web site access - concurrency controls - technical support

Installation

---
1. What is the trigger script being used with 4.1.7 ? An earlier version of 4.1.6 contains a table insert command (create table #splist) which produces an SQL error when the script is called by the emerald web installation. The conversion cannot pass this point. This command does not appear to be present in the 4.1.7 installation script nor in 4.0.6. Please let me know where I can find the current trigger script for MS SQL.

2. The readme documentation suggests running up_25_40.sql and up_40_41.sql scripts against a converted emerald4 database. Is this recommended even after Emerald Web has reported a successful migration ?

3. There is also a up_check25.sql script in the SQL folder - should this be run after the installation?

4. What is the correct name for a database user during the creation of the Emerald 4 database ? The default name is "emerweb" but this user does not exist in the emerald database. Should this be the "sa" user and password for the original database ?

5. How many users ? The default variable in the emerald web configuration is "8". Is this the total number of users (customer and operator) allowed to access the emerald4 database ?

Database Elements ---- 1. SQL7 requires an Ansi null off/on selection when the database is being imported from SQL6.5 to SQL7. This selection affects the triggers and stored procedures. The default option is OFF. What should this selection read ?

2. Should Emerald4 have truncate log on checkpoint and select into bulk copy selected in the SQL manager ? These options are set on for the emerald database in SQL6.5 but do not copy when the database is imported.

Front-end Appearance

---
1. How do I alter the title page, text and footer on the main logon screen ? This screen will be accessed by customers and operators.

Web Configuration elements

---
1. What is the correct syntax for the global report directory ? The help guide suggests a UNC but this folder should be accessed as a URL.

2. What is the default accounting directory and which files will appear in this directory by default ? I have a folder called "acct" in program files\emerald\ .

Emerald Application

---
1. Why does preview next under invoices NOT reveal changes in the service rate such as a static charge or an adjustment to the current invoice ? Also, if a service is deleted or changed, the preview screen contains the old service information.

2. POS - point of sales invoices cannot be processed successfully. When a payment is processed against a POS invoice, the MBR balance considers this a credit and does now apply the payment to the invoice. Similarly, when a POS invoice is voided, the MBR balance is credited by the value of the POS transaction which then favors the customer with a credit. In emerald 2.5, POS-type invoices are handled separately from the account balance - which is affected by renewal notices; and payments against a POS invoice do not affect the MBR balance. I have tried running statement reports to see whether the balance gets altered but this condition remains unchanged.

3. Payment types. Bank transfer is not available as a payment type although it is a listed element in the Emerald Admin. If "other" is changed to bank transfer and "bank transfer" is changed to other, then this option becomes visible to the application. I have also tried changing the preference to no effect.

4. Also, why does payment default to "check" instead of "cash" even though check has a lower preference.

5. Autopay. Why does an account with a credit not autopay when the next renewal notice is issued ? The MBR balance reflects the adjusted total BUT the invoice is marked as UNPAID. I have tried running a batch statement, issuing the invoice from batch with the same effect. This behaviour prevents Emerald4 from issuing the next renewal notice.

6. How do I reprint a receipt if this tab was left unchecked when the payment was processed ? In 2.5, I use a receipt report to find the last issued receipt.

Perhaps, someone has encountered some of this behaviour in Emerald4 and has a spin on the solution. I have also contacted IEA support.

Thank you in advance

Justin Singh Network Services Inter.Net.Works Justin@NetworksGY.com

.