Re: [Emerald] Emerald V4 problems

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:35:10 -0800

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:35:10 -0800
From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Emerald V4 problems

Jason Newland wrote:

> Can anyone give me some procedural insight into the new POS (Point of
> Sale) capabilities in 4.1.6?
>
> (ie. When you would use it when you shouldn't)

The POS invoice is basically if you have a store front or walk in
scenario where you sell the customer (already in Emerald) something
and want to givve an invoice immediately for it. The activity does
show up on their statement as well. Usually you'll have a payment
for it right away, so the net effect on the statement is 0.

> currently when we create a new customer, if it is before the 15th
> (statement day), we do an adjustment to their MBR of the total amount.
> Then when we create statements, they have a 0 balance, and are
> automatically forwarded in the expire date.
>
> If it is after the 15th, then we have to create an invoice for that
> customer, and then pay it. This is done also, because if it is after
> the 15th, the customer owes more than the one month fee. (usually one
> month + a percentage of the current month) (Kind of confusing for the
> staff)

If I understand the above, you want to do monthly billing, but rather
than the 1st-1st, you want 15th-15th? If thats true, edit your billing
cycles and put 15 for the bill day and anniversary for the type. That
will force all accounts to be aligned to the 15th for their bill day
and Emerald will handle the pro-rates for you. You shouldn't need
to add any adjustments manually.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X __________________________________________ IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com

.