[Emerald] NAS Restriction on Roaming Users?

wilson@dagupan.com
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:35:27 +0800

From: wilson@dagupan.com
Subject: [Emerald] NAS Restriction on Roaming Users?
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:35:27 +0800

Hi, ive search the mailing list archives but have not found any article that
will help me with this.

i have roaming users (user@domain.com) and local users (localuser). We have
server port access so that we can restrict our local users to certain NAS
ports. But these restrictions do not apply to the romaing users. So if we
have a dedicated line for a local user, we can restrict it, using server
port access, so all other local users are not able to login using this
dedicated line.

However, the roaming users can still log in to this port. Any one
encountered this before? How can we restrict roaming users to only certain
ports and to certain times only?

Wilson L. Chua, CPA, MCSE+I, MCDBA, CCNA, CCDA
President,
Bitstop Inc.
2/f New Sim Too Bldg., AB Fernandez Ave.,
Dagupan City, Pangasinan, Philippines
0917-5080964

.