RE: [Emerald] Limiting the time of day a user can login?

Greg White (GWhite@bctelco.com)
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 08:08:11 -0700

From: Greg White <GWhite@bctelco.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Limiting the time of day a user can login?
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 08:08:11 -0700

Monica,

Here's a thought. I haven't implemented it yet, so I am just thinking out
loud. Create another table in the Emerald database that includes columns
for the AccountID (relates to the AccountID of each subaccount), StartTime
(the beginning of the period in which the customer is allowed to log on),
StopTime (the end of the period). Then, modify the appropriate stored
procedures RadGetUser, RadGetCacheUsers, etc. to also look at this new table
and compare the current time to the StartTime and StopTime. If you were
going to do this for a lot of customers, you would probably want to develop
some sort easy interface for working with the new table.

Like I said, I haven't tried it, but I think it would be pretty
straightforward.

Thank You,

Greg White
Network Administrator