RE: [Emerald] Credit Card Processing

Bond, Brad (
Wed, 2 May 2001 13:48:34 -0500

From: "Bond, Brad" <>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Credit Card Processing
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 13:48:34 -0500

I have tried to talk to some people with the bank and they have no idea
as to what i'm talking about. All i know is my cards are processed with
Texas Independent Merchant, big help. :-( All this was done with my
local bank and they have it processed with TIM. Now What?!?

> Thanks for the info. Was wondering where did you find PTC at? My
> bank has nothing just a little machine which i do have. It is a pain
> keep the info on postcards and run them when they need to be billed.

We also have been used PTC (DOS version). Stay away from the Windows
version. We originally bought it from our bank, for $150, I believe. It
just software, no hardware. Use any PC with modem for hardware. I
it is distributed by your bank when you open a merchant account. If
bank gives you a merchant account, but does not use PTC, or wants you to
some expensive gadget, as long as nobody is looking, I will "lend" you
copy of PTC for DOS. Just install in your PC, include your Merchant
settings, and off you go. Emerald integrates very nicely with PTC.

This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA
Support Engineers, please check out our Support resources at