RE: [RadiusNT]

Andrew Fort (afort@staff.webcentral.com.au)
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:56:53 +1000

From: Andrew Fort <afort@staff.webcentral.com.au>
Subject: RE: [RadiusNT]
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:56:53 +1000

To be sure, turn on all logging (including SQL), and show us the log entries
when the user successfully authenticates, then when they fail to
authenticate after their password is changed.

The first time they authenticate (after radiusNT restart), there is
presumably a SQL stored procedure call to authenticate the user, at which
point they are cached (if caching is turned on). If there is NO SQL
RadGetUser (or similar) call on the failed authentication, I would assume
from my experience with the product that the caching is in fact enabled
(does disabling work?).

> We understand that there is user caching on RadiusNT, but we have
> tried with and without a tick on "Disable User Cache Authentication"
> under the "CACHE" tab. However after a few hours of restarting
> RadiusNT, the problem returns.
>
> Any ideas???

--afort
.