[RadiusNT] CHAP and RadiusNT 2.5.214

Jim Whaley (jimwy@ids.net)
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:45:36 -0500

From: "Jim Whaley" <jimwy@ids.net>
Subject: [RadiusNT] CHAP and RadiusNT 2.5.214
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:45:36 -0500

We're running RadiusNT 2.5.214 on NT 4.0, SP6, MSSQL 7.0 SP2.

I'm currently testing with a national dialup provider that only supports
CHAP.

We've been using RadiusNT for years now and have been doing PAP from the
start.

Whenever I test dial, I get:
 CHAP Password Comparison failure.
 Decrypted Password: *CHAP*
 Database Password: xxxxx (actual password would show here)

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Does anyone have any tips on what to do with this? Can RadiusNT 2.5.214
indeed handle CHAP requests? I know that earlier versions could not.

Thanks,

Jim Whaley

.