Re: [NTISP] Boot software

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Mon, 04 Dec 2000 15:17:38 -0800

Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 15:17:38 -0800
From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: Re: [NTISP] Boot software

> "Dave P. (T.G.I.C.)" wrote:
>
> I am currently running a machine with NT4.0 server w/ service pack 6.0 and
> would like to install a 2nd hard drive with Windows2000 Pro on it. Are
> there any reliable software that will allow me to choose which o/s to load?
> 2 suggestions were Boot Magic by PowerQuest or OSL2000. Any comments on
> these 2 would be appreciated or other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

There is no need to install a third party application. Windows NT/2000
comes with its own Boot manager that can do this for you. Just add the
second hard drive and either boot the Win2K CD or insert it with NT
running. I prefer the later and then tell it "no" on the update, select
Install, again "fresh install" and most importantly, under advanced
select the "let me choose" option for where to put the OS. Under
Control Panel, System, Startup (both Win2k and NT) you can select
the OS to boot by default, how long, etc.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X __________________________________________ IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com .