[NTISP] Upgrading NT4.0 PDC machine

Adam Greene (adam@webjogger.net)
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:22:40 -0400

From: "Adam Greene" <adam@webjogger.net>
Subject: [NTISP] Upgrading NT4.0 PDC machine
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:22:40 -0400

Hi --
I need to replace my current NT 4.0 Primary Domain Controller with a newer
machine. I assume the best way to do this would be to install the new machine as
a BDC, then after I have installed and configured all the applications and all
the data on the new machine and tested it out, take down the PDC and promote the
new machine to PDC. Does anyone by any chance know if this will this work or if
there is there something I should watch out for?

Thanks,
Adam

.