[Emerald] Emerald 2.5/ Cisco 5350 Access Gateway

Justin Singh (Justin@NetworksGY.com)
Wed, 03 Jan 2001 13:59:36 -0300

Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 13:59:36 -0300
From: Justin Singh <Justin@NetworksGY.com>
Subject: [Emerald] Emerald 2.5/ Cisco 5350 Access Gateway

Hello List

Happy new year !! I have a quick question for you about a Cisco product
-AS5350 and the emerald 2.5. Has anyone raised implementation concerns that
I should be aware of ? The AS5350 is related the family of the AS5300
access servers. I noticed a few postings on the list about the 5300 which
raised some specific issues

- OID's for SNMP checking. Does IEA have an OID for this product ? Has
anyone successfully implemented SNMP checking with this product ?

- Port ID generation. Concurrency is very central to our operation. If the
user does not show up in the online table, then concurrency will not work
reliably. We modified our SQL triggers so that port IDs could be
dynamically added. I noticed that someone mentioned specific registers for
port IDs on the 5300. I plan on using this initially for analog modems. Do
anyone know if this problem afflicts the Cisco AS5350 ?

- Static IP addressing. Normally, our users will lease IP addresses from an
address pool defined on the access server. However, some of our customers
require a fixed IP address. Someone on the list raised this question. As
far as I know, all we should need to do is define the IP in the user's sub
account. Is there some specific requirements for Cisco ?

I would appreciate any replies on concerns that I should be aware of. We
expect to begin deployment in a few days.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance

Justin Singh
Network Services
Inter.Net.Works
Support@NetworksGY.com