Re: [Emerald] Emerald Transaction Log full!!

Josh Hillman (admin-maillist@talstar.com)
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:17:23 -0500

From: "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Emerald Transaction Log full!!
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:17:23 -0500

From: "Scottie Arnett" <sarnett@info-ed.com>
> Thanks Josh,
>
> I do not have those options that you have listed. I am using SQL 6.5 with
> the latest service release. I have the "Select into / bulk copy" &
"Truncate
> log on checkpoint". The other 2 are not there. I had already tried
"Truncate
> transaction log" and then checking the space allocated...but it was still
> full.

Ahhh I don't remember a whole lot from 6.5 without sitting in front of it.
When you ran the checkdb.sql script, did you do it from within ISQL or did
you do it from within Emerald? I remember that there used to be (maybe
there still are) problems (time-outs) running it through Emerald. I always
run it through ISQL (Query Analyzer in SQL 7--what I'm using).

I know it's a pretty penny to upgrade from SQL 6.5 to 7 (know nothing about
SQL 2000), but there are vast improvements at least between 6.5 and 7 that
make matters like this much easier to deal with--if they ever come up at all
in the first place. One nice thing about 7 and beyond is you don't have to
prespecify device sizes for databases and logs. You can if you want, but by
default, it's all dynamic and controlable by you.

Josh

System

.