Re: [NTISP] what is dllhost.exe?

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:09:06 -0400

From: "Stephen Jeffries" <StephenJ@iol.com.au>
> No, it is hosting a number of DLL's. So the total number that you are
> seeing is actually multiple instances of COM objects, that are hosted in
the
> file.
>
> Look at IE, the exe is about 80KB, but all of the components - the render,
> navigation, menus, etc, are what move the exe up to about 2MB at run time.

I ended up stopping/restarting IIS5 and it dropped the memory usage of
dllhost.exe down to about 18 megs.
Here's some info from just before I stopped IIS5 this morning:

CPU Time Mem Usage Peak Mem Page Faults VM Size
dllhost.exe 5:42:29 89,584 99,824 57,138,936 82,812
inetinfo.exe 6:24:23 28,604 32,680 24,543,208 22,072

Josh