RE: [NTISP] assign ip address from a pool?

Info ( (no email) )
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:46:15 -0700

If you are still having problems you can email me directly and I will help
you set them up.

-----Original Message-----
From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Brian
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2000 2:14 PM
To: ntisp@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [NTISP] assign ip address from a pool?

Info wrote:

> You can define IP pools with TC, it is on the Total Service CD that comes
> with the Chassis.

IP pools a generally defined by a Start IP address and a number of IP
addresses available.

Thus;
Start IP address = 192.0.0.10
Pool size=8
IP pool becomes;

192.0.0.10
192.0.0.11
192.0.0.12
192.0.0.13
192.0.0.14
192.0.0.15
192.0.0.16
192.0.0.17

Simply reserve this addresses and configure them in your DNS for dial-ups.
You can config it through TCM provided by 3com
or do it directly thru the CLI and the console port on the card/box.

--

--------------------------------------------------------Thank You,Brian DooleyClassic Servicehttp://www.classicservice.net

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` - Man cannot survive except by gaining knowledge, and reason is his only means to gain it.-

Ayn Rand