Re: [RadiusNT] concurrency checking problem with roaming dial-ups

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 06 Oct 2000 13:36:42 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> About a minute after I sent my message, I found the RadCheckOnline sp and
> added one line to the end:
>
> CREATE PROCEDURE RadCheckOnline @UserName varchar(64) AS
> Select Count(*) From CallsOnline Where UserName=@UserName and
> AcctStatusType=1
> AND NasIdentifier LIKE '123.123.%'
>
> I used the first two octets of an IP address there because all local NASes
> have the same first two octets and all roaming NASes are something
> completely different.
>
> This should also do the trick, right?
> The first two lines of the sp were never modified and came from whatever
> Emerald script generated the sp a while back.

Thats a lot of overhead. All new installs of Emerald use this script:

CREATE PROCEDURE RadCheckOnline @Username varchar(64) AS
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ServerPorts (NOLOCK)
WHERE Username=@Username AND AcctStatusType in (1,3)
GO

Which is much faster and does what you want.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com