Re: [RadiusNT] Attributes

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 14:35:23 -0700

David Routh wrote:

> Hey,
>
> In Emerald Admin under the RadiusNT button, if I change one of the
> Attribute names... Framed-Netmask to Framed-IP-Netmask.... what will that
> do and is that the proper way to update the dictionary?
>
> Yes, I do realize my NASes have to accept the new name...
>
> I'm mainly wanting to know if I can safely change the dictionary that way?
> and if that's the way to do it.

The dictionary just translates the numbers to something you can
understand. The NAS NEVER gets anything but the numbers, so it doesn't
really matter what you name the attribute as its irrelevant to the
NAS. Be careful when changing attribute names, though, as the calls
tables (and several other in RadiusNT 3) dynamically fill columns
based on the name. If you changed Caller-ID to User-Caller-ID, then the
CallerID field in the calls table would not get filled in anymore.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com