Re: [RadiusNT] How do you Limit Roaming Port usage?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:32:51 -0700

Rudy Komsic wrote:

> Hello
>
> We are currently acking as a hub for an organization who handles North America Roaming. We would like to limit the port limit for one specific account... Under RadiusNT/Emerald, how would you go abouts to limiting an account that needs to be authenticated remotely?
>
> We are Proxying Radius Requests to this company.
>
> We would like to inject a Port Limit into the Returned Connection info with a Port-Limit to ensure that this one client does NOT overload our bank of modems. I was told Livingston Radius can do this. Can RadiusNT/Emerald do it as well?

Port-Limit does not affect concurrency control. Its simply the number
of channels you can bond together.

What you probably want if the RadRoamPorts additions, that can
be used to enforce concurrency control over roam ports as well.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X____________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com