Re: [Emerald] Radius and ISDN

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:35:13 -0400

From: <marcus@redcentre.com>
> - a quick question about ISDN connections. We have a user who is
> loging in on a dial-on-demand ISDN service. They authenticate via a
> plan set up in Emerald Admin and everything functions correctly. If
> I transcribe the same Radius attributes to the "Radius" tab in the
> services tab sheet of the customers MBR they can only remain
> connected for approx. 2.5 minutes before being disconnected - what an
> I missing?

You need to make sure that if you're assigning specific information to this
one customer, you have to have all relevant radius information listed there.
It doesn't mix and match what you have there + the radius defaults for that
service type. Specifically, you're probably missing an Idle-Limit (or
Ascend-Idle-Limit) setting, so the NAS is using its default setting instead.
What kind of NAS is it?

Josh