Re: [Emerald] PC-Authorize w/AVS?

Brian Dooley ( support@cserv.net )
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:11:00 -0400

Brian Dooley wrote:

> Hi,
> After months of frustration with PC Transact-IT, I purchased PC
> Authorize and am quite happy with it.
> Documentation is better, support is better, of course the price is
> higher too.
>
> It is now working great for Export/Import with Emerald.
>
> One note is the export from Emerald for the field AVS Address is cropped
> to the number of the street address.
>
> If the address is 123 Main Street, it only exports "123".
>
> This doesn't jive with the AVS information when submitted.
> Is Emerald trying to export a numerical value or simply having trouble
> with the spaces in the address field?
>
> --
> Brian Dooley
> Classic Service
> http://www.classicservice.net
>
> ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
> - Man cannot survive except by gaining knowledge,
> and reason is his only means to gain it.-
>
> Ayn Rand

Well thank you all.
If that is all the AVS cares about then it is working perfectly, and the
customers info is wrong.
As I mentioned before, PC Authorize has made my life a lot simpler and I
have only had it installed and running for two whole days.

On a similar note, how do most people coerce their customers into giving
them accurate data for AVS.
I can bill them all out but only about one half to two thirds are right on
with their AVS data.
I was thinking about surcharges but don't think that would float very well.