RE: [Emerald] Cisco, Ascend, Livingston

Bernard Andrys ( (no email) )
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:50:30 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C00C37.8D53AE20

I bought Maxstat last winter when PRI installs were delayed and we had busy
signals. It was fantastic at finding campers and duplicate logins. Only
hassle is that it uses a one-time install key that keeps you from moving it
from the pc its installed on.

[Bernard Andrys] -----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of ronnie@itexas.net
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2000 11:34 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: [Emerald] Cisco, Ascend, Livingston

I installed a Cisco 5300 a couple of weeks ago and had been using Compaq
6x00 units. The Compaq units come with a very nice GUI program that allowed
me to see modem speeds and other info. I had been searching for something
to do the same basic thing with the Cisco and found MaxStat at:
http://www.maxstat.com/maxstat/About.asp

I am very impressed with the program and its capabilities and thought I
would share this with others since some of the features it has are features
that I have seen asked for in Emerald.

A few features are:

Works with Cisco, Ascend and Livingston

List of users
Xmit and Receive speed of the user
Time online
Packets in/out

And one feature that I have seen many ask for.. the ability to terminate a
users session... just right click the user and click Hang-UP. It even has
the ability to do automatic disconnects and disconnect users that login more
than their allowed logins, based on it's on internal datafile.

I am not salesman, get nothing out of this, but thought some of you might
enjoy the program and what SNMP is capabile of...

Ronnie

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C00C37.8D53AE20

I=20bought Maxstat last winter when PRI installs were delayed and we had =busy=20signals.  It was fantastic at finding campers and duplicate =logins. =20Only hassle is that it uses a one-time install key that keeps you from =moving it=20from the pc its installed on.

[Bernard=20 Andrys] -----Original Message-----