Re: [Emerald] How to tell when customer canceled?

Ben Conner ( ben@webworldinc.com )
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 17:00:17 -0700

At 10:17 AM 7/31/00 , you wrote:
>Does anyone know how to find the date when a customer canceled?
>
>The closest I can find is "last modified date" but that is far from
>accurate.
>(We currently rely on techs adding a comment that lists the date of
>cancelation.)

There is no 'clean' way, as no date field is set aside for that specific
event. One could look for an inactive service and pull the last mod date
as you are doing. That has it's limitations as you note.

The best approach would be to have an enhancement where one could list
'termination date' and then the service would quit after that period. That
would also enable a last invoice/credit to be issued.

On the billing screen you could override the expiration date and set the
pay method to 'closed'. Not sure what other effects that would have.

--Ben
+ Ben Conner ben@webworldinc.com +
+ Web World, Inc. (714) 639-0595 voice +
+ PO Box 6548-107 (714) 744-4825 fax +
+ Orange, Ca 92863 +