Re: [Emerald] I-mail

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:24:25 -0700

Daniel Inglish wrote:

> Can Emerald send information on multiple domains to Imail?

Sure. In reality, its Imail that is requesting information about
multiple domains from EmerAuth.

> Situation: We are an ISP with web hosting clients. Not all are using our
> mail default.
> I know I-mail supports virtual hosts, but it would not be automated because
> each host requires
> a database (Emerauth connection)

Not true. When Imail gets information from EmerAuth, its based on
three things:

1) The ExternalSystemID (ESID)
2) The login
3) The Domain

You can easily setup multiple domains and groups in Emerald, to
correspond
to the virtual hosts and domains in IMail.

> I am just trying to avoid other users using the wrong domain in their email.
>
> We also have multiple usernames that are alike i.e..
> info@domain1.com
> info@domain2.com etc.

Those are two different users/mailboxes and will be treated as such.

> The way it is set up now with emerauth it would either reject the username
> info or send to both accounts.

If domain2.com is an alias for domain1.com, sure. But if they are
setup in Emerald and IMail as seperate domains, they will be treated
as such.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com