Re: [Emerald] Emerald and NTMail

Brian ( support@cserv.net )
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:44:23 -0400

Randy Martin wrote:

> At 01:19 PM 7/19/2000 -0400, you wrote:

> > users? If
> > >
> > > Have you define a logfile and debug mode in EmerAuth and checked to
> > > see what the logfile has? It typically will tell you what the problem
> > > is. Also, double check your External System ID Configuration. If you
> > > don't have the services associated to an ESID and EmerAuth configured
> > > to use that ESID, then NTMail will not be able to see the users.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X
> > > IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com
> > >
> > > For more information about this list (including removal) go to:
> > > http://www.iea-software.com/support/maillists/liststart
> >
> >Also make sure you enter the Emerauth.dll in NTMail.
> >
> >System>DLL>Authentication DLL
> >
> >and place it (emerauth.dll) where NTMail knows to look for it.
> >

> ><From NTMail Help>
> >
> >Authentication DLL
> >NTMail allows you to implement your own user authentication mechanism
> >should it
> >be required. When NTMail starts, it looks for the DLL named in the
> >registry key
> >UserDLLLocation. NTMail will use the DLL whenever a user cannot be
> >validated via
> >the registry.
> >

> Thanks for the info. I have a few other questions.
>
> 1. How do you setup a "user" (I'm assuming that means a mailbox with a pop
> username/password) in NTMail without setting up a username/password in the
> registry?

> 2. Is there a way to have Emerald (via emerauth.dll or some other
> mechanism) actually create the NTMail account when the user is created in
> Emerald?

Don't worry about it. First email that gets sent to the account that
sucessfully authenticates off the Emerald DB will actually create the account.
(note the part about successfully authenticating.)

> 3. If a user already has an account in NTMail, is there an easy way (other
> than editing the registry) to get rid of the username/password in NTMail so
> that NTMail will authenticate against the Emerald database?

You can enter NTMail's admin and delete the account, however,
If I remember correctly I don't believe this removes them from the Registry.
They are eventually added to the registry anyways, once the new folder is created.

TIP #1
For every new domain you add to work properly (email wise), you will need to
go into Emerald Admin and create a new Domain and Billing Group.
Then, when you create an MBR for this account choose the proper Billing Group.
This will ensure that bills are sent to the correct domain.

Anything else let me know.

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Randy

--------------------------------------------------------Thank You,Brian DooleyClassic Servicehttp://www.classicservice.net

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` - Man cannot survive except by gaining knowledge, and reason is his only means to gain it.-

Ayn Rand