Re: [Emerald] New Database

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:34:44 -0700

Ken Sorenson wrote:

> Thanks for response Dale.. Would it make any difference if I installed the
> new server, and Emerald/Radius, then upgraded into that db instead of
> creating a new one? It appears that the upgrade recommends against this. My
> goal is a fresh start.

Let the SQL 7.0 Upgrade Wizard make the DB. You can tell it where, but
I would highly recommend letting it do it. I've done this tons of times
for customers, and it works really well.

> Also I am thinking of moving to Win2k Adv Srv.. Are there any issues to be
> aware of?

Why AS? Unless you have > 2GB of ram or intend to use an AS feature,
there
is no need to use AS. Just Use Win2k Server.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com