Re: [Emerald] sign up from web page & incident from web page...

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:40:06 -0700

Ken Eitenmiller wrote:

> What do we need to do to take a table from Frontpage 2000(ASP) to:
>
> Place a request for tech support into incidents
>
> here is what we have started... (emails the form)
>
> http://www2.hughestech.net/internet/support/email_tech_support.htm
>
> I assume that the first will need to know the following...
>
> login, -verified with password
> type(drop down)
> text field (will always start with WWW to show it came from the page)
>
> this way to handle submitted tech support from the page I need only check
> open incidents in emerald instead of taking email and re typing all the
> information...

You need to insert the record into the Incidents table. You need to
set the AccountID to the login's accountid, and the IncidentType can
either be left NULL, or set to the incident type (I would recommend
forcing it to something like "End-User Web Report". Then just put the
text into Description. The rest of the fields can be left blank.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com