Re: [Emerald] Out of Domain Access to Emerald Client

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:35:55 -0400

From: Kenneth Lenox <ken.lenox@intouch.co.jp>
> SQL 7.0

If everyone's using TCP/IP:

Go into Client Network Utility for SQL 7.
Click on Add.
Server Alias: (some name)
Network libraries: TCP/IP
Computer name: DNS name or IP of SQL server
Click Ok.
Click Ok.

Set up Emerald to connect to the server using the alias you set above. You
can do the same with Query Analyzer and/or SQL Enterprise Manager.

Josh

My