RE: [Emerald] Billing questions.

Scottie Arnett ( (no email) )
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:05:17 -0500

Thanks Dale. This will cure some of my headaches for sure.

Scottie

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 12:24 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Billing questions.

Scottie Arnett wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I am wanting to bill my customers on a first of the month basis. For some
> reason I must not have everything set correctly.
>
> Emerald pro-rates the accounts fine. It wants to pro-rate them until the
> 26th of the month though. What I would like for it to do is:
>
> 1. Bill the customer 12 days before the end of the month.
> 2. Not let the account expire until the end of the month.
>
> Any suggestions on how I set the settings to make this work correctly?
>
> On a related note...When I print a customer's receipt that has just signed
> up, it prints "The following account will expire on 6/14/00" which is the
> same day I signed the customer up. Is there a way I can have this to be
> printed as 6/24/00 or 10 days from the signup date?
>
> I basically want to give the existing customer 12 days before expiration
> allow for snail mail to get there and back, and allow a new customer 10
days
> to allow for snail mail.....

There are three settings in the Emerald admin that control this, under
the Client section, Client tab:

Default Expire: This is the number of days before the account willl
initially expire. You can also read this as "when
do I start billing the customer". You can set this
to 0 to immediately start billing the customer, or to
say 7 to give them a seven day grace period.

Default Extend: This is equivalent to the Temp Expiration on an MBR.
If you set default expire to 0, you'll definately want
to set this to a higher number, or they will not be
able to get onto their account after thier signup date.
Some people set both of these to five, giving five days
lead way, and 5 additional days into thier billing to
pay their bill.

Default Limit: This is equivalent to the Perm Extension on an MBR.

Default expire sets the initial values for ExpireDate and BilledThru
date (today + the value).

Both Default Extend/Limit set the intial Temp/Perm extension fields on
a newly created MBR.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com