RE: [Emerald] Switching from Renewal to Anniversary

Info ( (no email) )
Mon, 29 May 2000 12:11:18 -0700

Gotcha, so I usually bill on the 1st. Changing to Anniversary would then
start billing old and new customers according to their "Starts On" date
correct instead of everyone all at once on the 1st of the month?

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2000 11:35 AM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Switching from Renewal to Anniversary

Info wrote:

> Mike told me that if I changed to Anniversary in Em Admin that it would
> auto-change all the old accounts also. Is this true, or do we have to
> manually change them?

The information is relational. Each account points to a billing cycle
definition (ie, you don't define the billing cycle details per account,
you point the account at a billing cycle definition) and if you change
the billing cycle definition, then all accounts using the billing cycle
will be affected.

This is a fairly basic feature of Emerald, in many of the configuration
options. For example, if you change the pricing of a service type, all
services using that service type will start billing with that new price
the next time, even though you didn't change any of the services.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com