[NTISP] Re: Cisco Idle-timeout/Session-timeout

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Tue, 16 May 2000 22:30:11 +0800

We were able to make Session-Timeout work with RadiusNT 2.5 and our Cisco
2610 with IOS 11.3(4).

Here are some of my Cisco NAS's configs :

aaa new-model
aaa authentication login LINELOCAL line
aaa authentication login NO_RADIUS enable
aaa authentication ppp default radius
aaa authentication ppp PPPLOCAL local
aaa authorization network default radius
aaa authorization network TESTRAD radius
aaa accounting network default start-stop radius

Then do the following :

1. Turn on TimeBanking in RadiusNT

2. Make a service that would make use of TimeBanking. Don't assign a
Session-Timeout service default or this service. Doing so would enforce the
value of this default to apply to everyone, even if his TimeLeft is some
other value. This seems to be a bug in RadiusNT 2.5.

3. All other services must be assigned a Session-Timeout service default of
0. Not doing this will cause RadiusNT to send a Session-Timeout ack packet
(with a very large value of 670,000,000+) to the NAS. When this happens,
TimeBanking won't work for anyone anymore. Yup, this is bad and I have
reported this to support@iea-software.com already. Am awaiting their
response. If you see this happen, pls raise the issue with them again.

If anyone is using RadiusNT 3.0 already and this bug does not appear, pls
tell me so.

That's about it.

Enjoy.

- Danny