Fwd: [NTISP] alternatives to Post.Office

Richard Fink ( rfink@worldpassage.net )
Sat, 06 May 2000 14:18:43 -0700

Paul,

What gives here ? We're a small ISP that paid that Extra Amount back when, for the "next upgrade" that never came. I went to your web site and found the writer at the bottom of this message is absolutely correct. Is this a convincing issue to stay with Post Office, or is this THE convincing issue to look elsewhere, NOW.

Please, don't become an abetting arm of the virus writer by holding your customer base hostage for payment. Become part of the solution by easily and freely rendering the virus writer USELESS, and gain stature among your much heralded 102,000,000 mailbox users of your product.

Your company's reaction here to make money at a time of odds is abhorrent at best, unethical at worst.

-Richard Fink
Worldpassage.net

>From: "DP" <xxxx@.com>
>To: <ntisp@iea-software.com>
>Subject: [NTISP] alternatives to Post.Office
>Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 15:20:48 -0500
>Sender: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
>
>We use Vircom's VOPMail and find it very functional. There is a mailing list
>of administrators who use it that is very active and everyone helps each
>other on it. Refreshing. When the luvbug virus popped up, within an hour
>there were 20-25 posts clarifying how their built in spam filter works.
>After that, everything with the infamous subject line (and the variants that
>sprang up within hours) was dropped by all of our servers. I had 1 person
>out of 1200 email addresses that reported the virus.
>
>Now we are talking about doing virus filtering using their relay version of
>the product (no pop boxes). Sounds very promising!
>
>DP

>Software.com has posted on their website that they have a script to delete
>any messages that contain the "ILOVEYOU" virus.. However they require that
>you have a service contract with them to aquire this script..
>
>I personally think they should have provided that to ANYONE that owns
>Post.Office.. even the Anti-virus software companies posted a removal
>program or instructions for ANYONE to download and use.
>I have asked them to provide it to those that do not have contracts.
>
> R.F.

Richard Fink Tel: 415 381-0215
WorldPassage Fax: 415 381-0822
P.O.Box 2339 rfink@worldpassage.net
Mill Valley, CA 94942 http://www.worldpassage.net
WorldPassage is a communications service and Internet Service
Provider owned and operated by RainTree Computer Systems, Inc.