[NTISP] alternatives to Post.Office

David Payer ( (no email) )
Sat, 6 May 2000 15:20:48 -0500

We use Vircom's VOPMail and find it very functional. There is a mailing list
of administrators who use it that is very active and everyone helps each
other on it. Refreshing. When the luvbug virus popped up, within an hour
there were 20-25 posts clarifying how their built in spam filter works.
After that, everything with the infamous subject line (and the variants that
sprang up within hours) was dropped by all of our servers. I had 1 person
out of 1200 email addresses that reported the virus.

Now we are talking about doing virus filtering using their relay version of
the product (no pop boxes). Sounds very promising!

David Payer
OMNI Internet