RE: [NTISP] Conversion from Bit to byte

Info ( (no email) )
Wed, 3 May 2000 21:17:35 -0700

Thank you. I am going nutts with this Sh@#%@%! I just wish they "the
people who decided how many ways to confuse the normal person" could have
made things a little simpler in the beginning. Bits and Bytes and this and
that. Sometimes it gets to be a little much.

Thank You.

-----Original Message-----
From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Gary Kliethermes
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 8:36 PM
To: ntisp@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [NTISP] Conversion from Bit to byte

Technically, you're correct, except that a T1 is actually 1,536,000
bits/sec, which everyone rounds up to 1,544,000 bits/sec, and then they
incorrectly change that to 1.544 megabits/sec. The actual max throughput of
a T1 is 192,000 Kbits/sec or 187.5KB/sec.

I've had a long day and it's pretty late, so I apologize if I made a simple
math error in this anywhere.

Gary
gary@thewebdepot.com

The Web Depot, Inc.
Reserve your own domain name now and save 15%!
http://www.thewebdepot.com