Re: [NTISP] PPP subnet...

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 03 May 2000 16:14:27 -0700

> Gabriel Sponsler wrote:
> I have a situation where I need to assign /29 subnet to remote
> office where the client is using a dial-up PPP connection. Now I know
> that Emerald will allow me to assign a static subnet to a specified
> user, but I don't know how to handle that subnet from the client side.
> Is there any particular hardware (web ramp, pipeline), preferably
> inexpensive that will route 4 static public IP addresses over a single
> PPP connection. Or is there a way to route IP's to the rest of the
> network using a Unix or NT machine.

NT's RAS can do it from the dialup side. Its a little tricky, but
works OK. All you have to do is put a route in your router to send the
subnet to the static IP that you assigned the customer (probably via one
of your terminal servers).

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc.