Re: [NTISP] PPP subnet...

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 03 May 2000 16:14:27 -0700

> Gabriel Sponsler wrote:
>
> I have a situation where I need to assign /29 subnet to remote
> office where the client is using a dial-up PPP connection. Now I know
> that Emerald will allow me to assign a static subnet to a specified
> user, but I don't know how to handle that subnet from the client side.
> Is there any particular hardware (web ramp, pipeline), preferably
> inexpensive that will route 4 static public IP addresses over a single
> PPP connection. Or is there a way to route IP's to the rest of the
> network using a Unix or NT machine.

NT's RAS can do it from the dialup side. Its a little tricky, but
works OK. All you have to do is put a route in your router to send the
subnet to the static IP that you assigned the customer (probably via one
of your terminal servers).

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com