RE: [NTISP] Multi-homed backbone

Martin Kho ( (no email) )
Tue, 2 May 2000 00:39:03 +0800

Gabe, Chris ..

You might want to consider Radware (www.radware.com). It can load =
balance multiple outbound links as well as incoming traffic via DNS =
redirection. No complex BGP required!!

MARTIN KHO
Technical Manager

-----Original Message-----
From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com =
[mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Chris Kissinger
Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2000 12:06 AM
To: ntisp@iea-software.com
Subject: RE: [NTISP] Multi-homed backbone

Here's the main things I've found you want when multi-homing:
=20
Preferably a 7200 or 7500 series cisco (or equiv) w/ 256 NVRAM.
Depending on what else going on 128 can handle it 2 full BGP routes, but
I'm always a fan of making sure the router has more than what you need
to "just get by."
=20
Make sure your upstream providers know you're multi-homing. There have
been situations where static routes, or static BGP tables are created
with an upstream provider and then there's really no use out of the new
line. Make sure they are both allowing for compare med so you get the
full benifit out of both your lines.
=20
Other than that there's not too much to worry about that I've
experienced.
=20
=20
Chris Kissinger