Re: [NTISP] Re: [Emerald] Help !! SQL Server 6.5 won't start

Peter Deacon ( peterd@iea-software.com )
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 19:23:04 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, Danny Sinang wrote:

> Hi Peter,
> It seems to be working, except that the "sa" login fails.

> It won't seem to accept the last password I gave it. And at one point, it
> says teh maximum number of 5 configured user connections are already
> connected. System Administrator can configure to a higher value with
> sp_configure.
> What do I do now ?

Try connecting to the sql server via a trusted connection from someone in
the NT administrator group. Reset the memory option you changed, and
start sqlserver as a service again.

If it gave you a connection limit message -- it liked your login/password,
tell your other services, radius..etc not to connect if your running out
of connections /w enterprise manager. Or pull the ethernet cable :)

Have Fun!
Peter