RE: [NTISP] Caching devices good? bad? Help

Stainforth, Matthew ( (no email) )
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 16:28:30 -0300

Speaking purely from personal experience here...
=A0
I did some testing with Novell engineers on their (at the time, beta)
caching product called ICS.=A0 It didn't seem to make a large =
difference in
our T1 usage but it tended to make things a little faster.=A0 At the =
time I
had it working using WCCP so that if the unit failed, it wouldn't =
disrupt
traffic.
=A0
At the time, the WCCP code was still pretty raw and wasn't quite up to
production quality yet.=A0 I've been told though that it has matured =
quite
nicely and is a very stable product.=A0 The units can only be bought =
from
vendors in appliance form, apparently.

Matthew Stainforth=A0 ||=A0 Technical Services Manager ||=A0 BrunNet =
Inc.=20

=A0