Re: [Re: [NTISP] newbie setting up ISP on NT4 Server]

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 16:05:51 +0800

Hi Rudy,

How do I know if I'm running NetBIOS over TCP/IP ?

If I am, how can I turn it off ?

What port do I need to block in my router ?

- Danny

----- Original Message -----
From: Rudy Komsic <rudyk@cyberglobe.net>
To: <ntisp@iea-software.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2000 2:51 PM
Subject: RE: [Re: [NTISP] newbie setting up ISP on NT4 Server]

Well to suggest you a few links

http://www.interlacken.com
http://www.microsoft.com/security
http://www.ntsecurity.net
http://www.bhs.com
http://www.l0pht.com
http://www.hackernews.com

One thing you need to make sure is that you do NOT run Netbios over TCP/IP
or if you have to, block it out on your Router. This way, you make sure
that nobody can connect to your drives and wipe them out. Security Sites
are the best places to check out along with Hacker news sites. You will
baiscally get all info on how to protect your network.

Hope this helps.