Re: [NTISP] Expanding my Drive C: in NT Server 4.0

Jeff Woods ( jwoods@deltacomm.com )
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:00:59 -0500

1) Move the swap file off of the boot drive. If you have multiple
spindles (more than one non-boot drive in the system), spread the swap file
over the remaining drives. Make sure your total swap file size is at
least as large as your total RAM plus eleven megs. This is under Control
Panel | System.

2) Look for the file *.DMP in the WINNT directory. Delete it. This will
be a file as large as your RAM plus 11 megs, created the last time your
system went Blue Screen. Disable memory dumps upon critical system
errors, under Control Panel | System -- they aren't needed unless you're
talking to an NT level 2 technician at Microsoft, who needs one to diagnose
a serious problem that results in frequent BSoD's.