Re: [NTISP] HERE is the whole script I ran THANKS

John Lange ( radadmin@palacenet.net )
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:45:16 -0600

Thanks

I will be the first to admit I am shooting in the dark, I took a bunch of
statements from various scripts, ones that seemed to make sense to me, took
some advice from 1/2 dozen different people and this is what I came up with.

How do I create the primary keys?

Could you help me with the proper suggestions?

JOhn :}

At 04:00 PM 1/28/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>John Lange wrote:
> >

> > create clustered index cdateidx on calls2(calldate)
> > go
>
>For some reason, I just don't know about this. Putting a clustered
>index on the calls table is going to slow down inserts. Putting a
>clustered index on the date is going to put stress on the last page
>of the table, especially with SQL 6.5. This will cause deadlocks
>if two RadiusNT boxes have active accounting streams coming in.
>I typically do NOT put a clustered index on a table that is being
>modified/updated a lot. There are better used for small lookup
>tables where you are going to be pulling the data out in the
>cluster order.
>
> > alter table calls2 add constraint pk_calls2 unique (NasIdentifier, NasPort,
> > AcctSessionID, AcctStatusType, UserName)
> > go
> > sp_rename calls2, calls
> > go
> > alter table calls add constraint pk_calls unique (NasIdentifier, NasPort,
> > AcctSessionID, AcctStatusType, UserName)
> > go
>
>Why do this a second time?
>
>--
>
>Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT
>IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com

----- Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the
Lord, not for men >Colossians 3:23 (NIV)

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.
microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
608.742.1601 & 6980 1819 New Pinery Road
http://www.palacenet.net/ Portage, WI 53901
MSCE Training for only $150.00 - http://dpec.palacenet.net/
All 200+ Web Based Courses for $150.00 Per Year - "Really"

--- __o
--- _-\<,_ Fastest Service in Town