Re: [NTISP] Expanding my Drive C: in NT Server 4.0

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 08:20:02 -0500

From: Danny Sinang <danny@uplink.com.ph>
> An NT 4.0 server of mine has only 1 2GB SCSI disk with NTFS formatting.
It's
> runninhg low on free disk space already.
>
> Is there a way I can simply plug in a new 4GB hard disk and make it part
of
> drive C: (thus giving me more space) without reformatting my drive C: ?

NT's Disk Administrator will allow you to do this with any other partition,
but not C because it is the system partition. In order to do what you're
wanting to do, you'd have to use Partition Magic, or something similar to
it.

All of our NT servers are using no more than maybe 600 megs on drive C--all
websites, logs, etc. are on different partitions. Maybe you can move some
stuff from one drive to another instead of expanding C?

Josh