RE: [NTISP] unrelated NT question-Xeon Processors

( mbailey@journey.net )
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:07:44 -0500 (EST)

We curently run quite a bit from Quad Xeon PIII500 2mb cache machine
including our SQL server. Our server idles and we do aproximatly 20,000
new records per hour and 17,000 database look ups per hour.

We not only running our accounting etc. from this machine we also run an
instance of IEA's RadiutNT database from this machine. (along with a
backup copy of RadiusNT :)

The mahcines are nice we are using IBM Netfinity's to get our jobs done.
Currently have 12 Xeon based machines. And for the post originally. There
is no processor on the market that is optimised for TCP/IP.. They might be
optimised for I/O but software is where TCP/IP is implemented not
hardware.

Matthew S. Bailey, President Journey Communications, Inc.
mbailey@journey.net PO Box 2003
(517) 779-2400 Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858

Inexpensive Wholesale Services for Michigan -- michix.com