Re: [NTISP] A Question for an Ascend type

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 09:28:58 -0500

From: Terry Bomersbach <terryb@the-cia.net>
> We have two MAX-4000s that we are linking together via the T1 port using
MPP
> nailed connections.
>
> They link up and then both drop the connection.
>
> The Ascend-Disconnect-Cause on one is 45: The peer sent a PPP Terminate
> request.
>
> The Ascend-Disconnect-Cause on the other is 46: LCP got a close request
> from the upper layer while LCP was in an open state.
>
> I know it's sorta off topic, but anybody know what this means in plain
> english?

I think in this case, the Max requested the session be terminated because it
knows the first part of the MP session went down already (might be related
to "stacking" between different maxes. We only have 35 stop records
containing 46 as a disc. cause out of 547126 stop records. We're using a
mix of a Max 4004, few 4048s, and a 4002 -- all using TAOS 7.0.22.

See these:
http://support.talstar.com/Ascend-Connect-Progress.txt
http://support.talstar.com/Ascend-Disconnect-Cause.txt
http://support.talstar.com/causeprogress.txt