Re: [NTISP] Please help with weird IIS problem

David Payer ( (no email) )
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 09:14:37 -0600

Check to be sure you have the default gateway set properly along with the
subnet mask. This is a common symptom of that not being correct.

David Payer
www.iowalink.com

----- Original Message -----
From: <jason.joyce@dfait-maeci.gc.ca>
To: <ntisp@iea-software.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2000 9:17 AM
Subject: [NTISP] Please help with weird IIS problem

: I have my NT machine running fine, with a permanent connection to the
: Internet. The computer is multi-homed and I have IP forwarding enabled in
: Protocol Properties. I installed IIS on the machine (no proxy...yet) but I
: cannot access the webserver or ftp server from the Internet. On my local
: LAN there is no problem at all. It is very fast and connects every time.
: The only problem is from the Internet.
:
: If I try to connect via IE4.0 it states "website found...connecting to..."
: in the status bar, but never actually connects. The same thing happens with
: ftp.
:
: What are some common causes for this to happen. I know that the Internet
: connection is good (I can ping outside hosts by name or address). I am
: pretty stumped here and any help would be greatly appreciated.
:
: Thanks,
:
:
: Jason Joyce
: SXTT AG-907
: Tel. : 996 1637
: Email : jason.joyce@dfait-maeci.gc.ca
: Remedy: LPB:Server Maintenance
:
: For more information about this list (including removal) go to:
: http://www.iea-software.com/support/maillists/liststart