Re: [NTISP] Drive F: always missing after reboot - SOLVED

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 00:00:54 +0800

Hi all.

I managed to solve my own problem.

I simply went to NT's control panel / devices and set the Startup mode of
"atapi" to "Boot". Previously, it was set to manual. Then I rebooted my
machine and it automatically saw Drive F:

- Danny Sinang

----- Original Message -----
From: Danny Sinang <danny@uplink.com.ph>
To: NTISP <ntisp@iea-software.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 1999 7:08 AM
Subject: [NTISP] Drive F: always missing after reboot

Hello.

I run an NT server 4.0 PC machine (w/ SP3) which has 2 hard disks.

The first hard disk (a SCSI) has 2 partitions. The first partition (drive C)
is a FAT partition where I keep my Win 95 OS. The second partition (drive D)
is NTFS where all my WInNT files are.

I marked drive D as the active partition so when the machine boots up, it
runs NT server.

There was once a CD-ROM drive in the same machine and it was called drive E.
But I've removed it recently.

About 3 weeks ago, I added a 6 Gigabyte Maxtor Ultra-DMA hard disk,
formatted the whole drive as one NTFS partition. Using NT's Disk
Administrator, I assigned a drive letter F to it and installed some software
on it.

Everything went well until I rebooted the machine. I discovered that
everytime the machine boots up, NT doesn't see any drive F. I would have to
go to Disk Administrator and once again assign F: to the Maxtor drive.

How do I make NT automatically see this second hard disk and label it drive
F ?

I hope somebody can help me.

- Danny Sinang